weight loss ticker

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Breakthrough with Pain and my New BFF...the Belly Bandit!

I woke up this morning very nervous.  I rented a Zip Car for me to drive to Long Island for my doctor's appointment.  I'm still in quite a bit a pain and didn't know how driving was going to be.  I knew I probably shouldn't be driving (btw...haven't been on pain pills for quite a few days so it's not like I was all drugged up and loopy!), but I didn't want to have to pay for car service to and from the doctor.  I didn't tell people until after i had done it, was home safe & sound, and no one was hurt!  My mother was NOT happy!  And very glad I hadn't told her until I was home.  I basically had to drive with one hand and hold one hand on my stomach to brace it from the pain.

My doctor was very happy with my progress.  I'm down 8lbs from when I saw him a little less than 2 weeks ago.  And down 15 from my highest!  I guess the numbers make the pain a little more bearable!  My incision has been leaking, but they said it wasn't infected so I was happy about that news.

I think the doctor appointment was the best thing that could have happened.  It forced me to get out of my bed and/or chair, and be on my feet for a good part of the day.  I have been doing my walking like I'm suppose to, but this really pushed me today.  When I got home I felt sooo much better.

And even though I was feeling better, I still had pain in my stomach...especially from the car ride.  But when I got home I had a package in the mail.  My sister had recommended a belly wrap of some sort a few days ago...shes a physical therapist and was trying to help me with my pain.  I didn't go to my drug store like she recommended....instead I immediately thought of Kourtney Kardashian endorsing the BELLY BANDIT after she had her son!  (it's messed up how obsessed I am with the Kardashians...but it is what it is...I love them!!!)  Anyways, so I ordered one and it arrived today.  I immediately put it on and it HELPED IMMENSELY!!!  Rather than holding my hand over my stomach all day, this did it for me!  I took it off to change the gauze over my incision, and I can't tell you how bad my stomach hurt.  I changed my bandage and put it right back on.  It gives me the support I need.  I was able to clean my apartment (very lightly & gently)!!!! 

Between the lessening of the pain, the weight loss and my Belly Bandit...this has been the best day since surgery!!!  I'm so happy I'm over the hump and can stop complaining and get on with this journey!  Thank you all for your nice comments that help me get through this last week! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had good news from the doctor to brighten your day and that you got your Belly Bandit :) My doctor always gives a compression band to his patients after surgery, and I'm really happy for that! I couldn't imagine surviving the first week without it!

    Yay for today being a good day; hopefully it just gets better from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you found something that is helping you! It really does get better! *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found something to help with your pain!

    ReplyDelete