First of all I want to say THANK YOU so much for all the well wishes from everyone! It really helped me get through it and stay positive.
I found out yesterday I was approved by my insurance company! I guess my doctor's office was right...I shouldn't panic....but it was already too late. I apologized when I saw her today!
I had my pre-surgical testing (which included a urine sample to make sure I wasn't pregnant, an EKG, a load of paperwork & questions...I didn't need a chest x-ray because I had that done with my pulmonologist in October), then I met with a physician who medically cleared me for surgery! I had a mandatory class with a Bariatric Nurse at the hospital. She went over what happens before, during, & after surgery. It was very helpful, but a little long (2 1/2 hrs long).
After that I went to my doctors office to have my final consult. Again, lots of questions and paperwork. My doctor said I'm an excellent candidate for Single Incision Laporoscopic Surgery....which means I will only have ONE incision in the upper part of my belly button. Everyone keeps saying I'll be ready for bikini season with no scarring! I can't imagine ever being in a bikini.....but I am looking forward to next summer!
4 more days of liquids....then surgery time! Woohoo! Was a little nervous & emotional the last few days, but now I'm getting really excited! Thanks again for all my new followers & the supportive comments! I'm starting to love the Blogworld!

I am soooo happy for you! I knew it could come through! I do understand the nervousness though, I would have been freaking too! I can't wait for you to join the club!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay, I'm so glad it worked out for you! You're lucky you can get just 1 incision--I have 4! They're pretty tiny, but the big one is right inside my belly button and it's kinda weird looking (especially since my belly button already looks like it's frowning!). I hope these last 4 days go by quickly for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! One incision would be nice. Enjoy the liquids...haha. Sorry. It's not that bad when you can see the end in sight!
ReplyDeleteYeahay! Congrats, you're on your way. Keep on trucking with those liquids, Muscle Milk cake batter or vanilla is still delish, for a lighter caloric load Nectar's road side iced tea is nice, 90 calories, 30 grams of protein.
ReplyDeleteAwesome on the one incision, btw. I had 4, 3 little ones plus the port site which was bigger.
That is such good news. I had the single incision and you can't even tell I had surgery.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! Your situation worked out just like mine! Good luck to you and welcome to band land!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! I'm so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! I know how happy I was the day I was approved :) You can make it through the 4 more days of liquids - I use Carnation Instant Breakfast as my protein shakes.
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog! I remember the exact place I was at when I heard I was approved..and one incision you lucky duck!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog. Congrats and am looking forward to following your journey! :) I would've had one incision also, but because I had my gallbladder out - I had a tiny second one!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulaions on your date :o)
ReplyDelete