Hi Everyone,
So I was banded on Tuesday, Nov 16. I stayed in the hospital Tuesday night and came home yesterday. I have to say, I never anticipated this much pain. It hurts to do anything. Moving in and out of bed or my chair, just about knocks me out. I get very nauseous and light headed. I'm staying on top of my pain meds, but they don't seem to do much for the pain. Did anyone else experience this type of pain? Like your stomach is being ripped to shreds every time you move? I just spoke to my doctor (through tears...which there have been A LOT of) and he said some people can leave the hospital with NO pain, and some people have pain for a week. I'm really nervous I'm in the last category.
I'm sure once the pain is gone, I'll be happy with my decision. But right now I'm in the mind set of "what the hell did I just do to myself???????"
I've been walking around, using a heating pad, my breathing apparatus they gave me, my paid meds...everything they told me to do. But if anyone has any other suggestions to get through this stage of horrible pain, please let me know. Thanks!

Welcome to bandland! :) Everyone is different and I am so sorry your in so much pain. My surgery was on a Wednesday, I slept most of the afternoon after and the next day - very, very minimal pain. I didn't take any pain meds after that Thursday and was sore (on a scale 1-10, soreness was a 2?) for just a week or so afterwards. I hope this quickly goes away. Be sure you get plenty of rest and take it easy for a few days. Get up and walk around hourly. I promise this will quickly pass and you will be so happy of your decision!
ReplyDeleteSorry sweetie. I wasn't in too much pain but I was nauseated for several days. Your feeling of "What did I just do?" will pass, I promise! Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip (per Band Groupie).
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you in so much pain!.. I felt more pain than I though I would, but I don't think it was as bad as you described. Keep walking around it will help! and stay hydrated! I promise later you won't even remember how bad you feel now!
ReplyDeleteAll the previous commenters gave you some good advice, so I'm just going to say... it sucks that right now you're in so much pain; I wish it would hurry up and go away so you can start enjoying your new band! I do recall (as my surgery was just 3 weeks ago) that I felt a lot better sitting up than I did lying down. Hopefully in a few days this part will just be a memory :)
ReplyDeletesorry it's been rough for you. definitely don't stop taking your pain meds or I'm sure it will be worse. just follow your doc's instructions and soon it will be over!!
ReplyDeleteHey and congrats! Yes, I totally know the feeling of your stomach feeling like it's ripping. I slept a lot. If you can, sleep all the time. I didn't shower for like 3 days; maybe not the best idea but it was all I could do to go for my walks and use my spirometer (breathing machine). I kept my pillow pressed against my stomach when I walked and I also drank water as much as I could while I was awake. The gas is a bitch, but it does go away.
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you. Now we can continue the journey together!
Why oh why did you give me this dose of reality? I was sitting happily in Fantasy Land, thinking this surgery wasn't even going to hurt compared to my c-sections and then SLAP! And now I'm super nervous about caring for my two kids at home afterwards. They are 2.5 years and almost 8 months. Crap!!
ReplyDelete