weight loss ticker

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

1 week anniversary!

Well, it's been one week, and things aren't too much better.  I'm still in quite a bit of pain in my stomach area.  I feel lucky that I didn't have terrible gas pains, like some of you had in the beginning.  I have been keeping up with Gas-X...they've been my best friend.  But the pain is definitely still here.  It hurts to get up and down from my chair, in and out of bed, can only sleep on my back (ANY moving kills my stomach), etc.  It's gradually getting better, but at a MUCH slower pace than I had expected. 

I had to take this whole week off, so another week of NO PAY.  Between pain and no $$$, this is becoming frustrating. 

On Sunday night I started freaking out when I got out of my chair...and noticed a huge "wet" ring on my shirt.  Come to find out that my incision was leaking liquid/blood.  That's been fun.  It's been near constant since Sunday night. 

I'm very excited to see my doctor tomorrow to make sure this is all normal. 

Clearly I look like hell.  I know I'm moving at a slower pace then normal and don't look completely put together, but I thought I could make it from my apartment building to the drug store.  This is approximately 20 steps from my building.  I even put my big sunglasses on to hide from people!  Now remember...I live in New York City.  People can be bleeding from the head and strangers look the other way and say nothing.  So I knew things weren't too good when THREE people stopped me to ask if I was ok.  This little walking excursion took about 10 minutes and THREE people stopped me.  I knew to just go back upstairs and recover some more!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and safe travels!  I'm looking forward to my pureed turkey & mashed potatoes!  And my friend, Melissa, is coming in from Seattle.  Can't wait for a girls weekend, the parade, football, and The Radio City Christmas Spectacular (The Rockettes)!!!!  Hopefully the pain will subside a little to venture to mid-town.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you're still in lots of pain, but I promise that it does get better eventually! :) I had to sleep on my back for the first 2 weeks and my port site is still a bit tender (3.5 weeks post op). I hope you get good news from the doctor about your leaking incision!

    Sounds like you're going to have a great Thanksgiving--enjoy your girls' weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is so different. I had a rough week myself and I was just a bit tender for a few weeks after. Hope it gets better for you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I hope you feel better soon! I did not have any pain other than the gas pain, which was pretty horrible! I hope you are able to enjoy your holiday with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving must put you New Yorkers into a generious mood :o) Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt 'off' for a month and I had a lot of bruising from surgery. I also had a lot of swelling.

    Hope you feel better soon. Popsicles were my bff's during the recovery month.

    ReplyDelete