weight loss ticker

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Insurance Company + Hunger = Crying

Not having a great day.  I just called my insurance company to see how my approval is going.  My doctor's office said they would call right away when they heard anything, but I wanted to double check for myself.  My paperwork was completed by October 14 and I was told that it would be sent to the insurance company right away.  I just found out it wasn't called in until LAST FRIDAY, Nov 5.  She also mentioned that it takes 7-14 days to get approved.  Considering my surgery is scheduled for a week from today, things do not look good.

I'm trying to stay positive and not cry.  But I'm so hungry, all I can do is cry.  I can't emotionally eat like I normally would do (since I'm on my liquid, pre-op diet), which is good, but I have to find a new way to redirect my emotions.  And right now, I'm just at the crying phase.  I have taken off work for next week and my mom is scheduled to fly in to be with  me.  We had to reschedule once already, and change her ticket.  I better not have to reschedule again. 

Enough complaining....and by the way THANK YOU LIZ!!!!  You're my FIRST (& only) follower.  I'm going to have to figure out how to get more followers!

13 comments:

  1. HEY Erica!

    I saw your comment on Liz's blog! Welcome to blogland!

    Take a deep breath.. everything will be ok!

    I go to the NYU practice too. The don't require support groups, but they are recommended. I know the support groups at NYU are separated by surgery type. The meeting for lap-band patients is every third Wednesday of the month.

    Good luck!
    ~ Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erica- I feel for you! I remember having so many emotions before surgery and just being so confused and mostly ashamed of myself for needing it.

    You are doing something to take care of yourself and that alone is a step in the right direction. One thing I have found during this journey is that I have gotten better at taking care of myself as I lost weight. I think for me it came down to feeling as though it was okay for me to take care of myself now that I'd lost weight and was deserving.

    I wish now that some benevolent force would have come into my life before surgery, hugged me and absorbed some of my pain and shame and told me that I deserved to be happy.

    I can't exactly float into your house (creepy!) but I am sending hugs, well wishes and lots of good thoughts your way. If you can, treat yourself to something nonfood related, even a little trip to an accessory store to buy cute earrings or something and be sure to tell yourself your doing it because you deserve to be taken care of. You do.

    You keep posting, I'll keep on reading.

    Good luck, just a little longer to go before surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Erica! Happy to find a new blogger. I was banded on 03 August, and it's certainly been a wild ride! I'm wishing you all the luck in the world. I hope the insurance thing gets straightened out for you. I think Brooke's words to you are spot-on and I'm sending you form hugs and well-wishes, too.

    PS Just keep blogging and commenting and followers will come in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erica!

    Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog, that was a great way to start my day! =)

    I'm so excited that you have started a blog of your own! I personally find it to be very therapeutic and honestly, it keeps me on track because I feel held accountable. Which is a good thing!

    I wish I had some sound advice for the insurance battle you are fighting right now, but I don't! I had no troubles in that department. Keep your chin up girly it will all work out I know it. You should check out the insurance section on Lapbandtalk.com. There are lots of people there who are having or had issues who might be able to help you out!

    Keep us posted!!

    Breanne
    www.ladylapband.com

    ps. I saw your pics in the previous post and you are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it happens this time for you! I'm self paying (over the next six years, lol) so I didn't have to go through this waiting game...but it WILL happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there girly! Hopefully it will come through in time, but if it doesn't, waiting a little bit longer will be so worth it! We have similar starting statistics. I am actually 5 6 1/2 and started at 255, but close! And I was just banded three weeks ago. I look forward to following you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Lady Lap Band sent me over. OMG! I was in the same position as you are. I scheduled my surgery before I was approved and I got the approval 1 week before surgery. Just hang in there and call the insurance company daily. If it is an 800 number, you will get someone different each time. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and welcome to blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl! You are so welcome for the follow - I remember what it was like to start out and kind of feel like I was talking to myself!

    Anywho. Waiting for insurance approval is soo stressful. They told me the same timeframe, but it happened much faster than that - not sure what insurer you have, but hopefully it'll all happen. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Lady Lap band sent me over. I am a relatively new bandster myself (banded 10/4). I'm self-pay so I don't have any experience in the insurance realm but I wish you luck. Can't wait to follow your progress.

    Libby - http://thisonetimeinbandcamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Erica...Here's hoping the insurance company moves quickly. Stranger things have happened. Good luck, and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Girl. Lady Lap Band put a shout out for you on her blog. The insurance crap is for the birds. If it's any consolation, I got my approval at the last minute so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your surgery will go as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another from Lady Lap Band :) It really sucks that you're still having to deal with the insurance company so close to your surgery. I was self-pay so I didn't have to deal with insurance stuff, but it all just sounds like a giant pain in the butt! I was banded almost 2 weeks ago, so welcome to blogland and I'm excited to follow you and your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, doll! Got a new follower here. The liquid pre-op is the worst. I had to go somewhere else in my mind. I'll keep checking on you and we'll be friends. I'm glad to have new girls on here with me. It seems that everyone around has been banded for over a year.

    ReplyDelete