weight loss ticker

Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Doctor!!!!

NYU received all my paperwork and I am all set to see my new doctor!  He is in-network, so everything is covered 100%.  I have to first see their nutritionist and their nurse before I can see the doctor, but that is fine by me!  I will see the nutritionist this Tuesday, Feb 1 and then I will see the nurse and doctor on Friday, Feb 4.  I am so excited that I was able to get in so quickly.  I'm hoping they're a little more aggressive with fills than my old doctor.  I only have 1.0cc in my 10.0cc band.  I know some people start with 2.5cc or more in their band.  I want to get a move on this banding process.  I hope they'll give me a "big" fill.  We shall see!

I'm even more excited that I saw some movement in the scale this morning.  I was hovering at 242-244 for the last couple weeks.  This morning I saw 238.7  HALLELUJAH!  I've been working really hard on my food choices and food portions.  It probably helped a little bit that I've been sick in bed all day Friday & Saturday.  But I'm still going to take this weight loss and be happy about it!

I had some port pain the last week.  It felt a little bit like after my surgery.  When I had to cough, I would have to hold/press my stomach so it wouldn't hurt.  Not sure what that was all about?  It has since gone away on it own. Is this normal?  I haven't had any port pain since right after surgery.  And now 2 months later it all of a sudden came back...for a week....then went away again???  Anyone else experience port pain like this? 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of port pain coming and going, although it's not something I've experienced. Glad to hear you have a new doc. I'm betting they are more aggressive. Only 1 ccs as a beginning fill seems very tiny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weirdly enough, about a week after every fill, my port gets sore for a day or two. Maybe at other times too, but that's the only pattern I've been able to discern. It's mild, and goes away quickly.

    ReplyDelete