weight loss ticker

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thank You! & The Ten (Lapband) Commandments

I just wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to all the NY gals that helped me to find a new doctor.  It seems everyone goes to the same practice!  I did research some other doctors, but you guys made it pretty easy.  I'm just waiting for all the paperwork to be transferred over so that I'm able to make an appointment. 

In the meantime, I've had a renewed vigor.  In all my reading and research, I came across "Lapband Ten Commandments" (from Gaspar Rosario @ http://www.accessweightlosscare.com/ )  Number one hit home for me.  I thought the hardest part of this commitment was giving up my beloved Diet Coke (This Friday it will be FOUR MONTHS with NO DIET COKE!!!).  I have been pleasantly surprised by the fact that I don't miss it.  Well, I miss it, but I can live without it.  But I have found myself going back to chocolate, candy, cookies & ice cream.  When I saw that was his NUMBER ONE commandment, I realized that if I want to be successful with my band, I need to conquer Number One!!  I need to stop feeling sorry for myself, and not self-medicate with sweets.

I've been hitting the gym 4 days a week, getting up early to work out, and I've been feeling good.  But the fact that I'm sabotaging myself by eating all these sweets was driving me crazy.  So when I read the below list, something clicked.  I've been doing really well since then.  It's only been about 4 or 5 days, but that is huge for me.  I need to keep this momentum going.  I did take some 2 month pictures this weekend.  You can see some difference...if you look REEEEAAAAALLLLLY close ;-)   Not too much, but enough to make me know that I'm headed in the right direction.  (I'm having a hard time posting them right now...I will try another night)

Hope these commandments help some of you as well!!!



LAP BAND COMMANDMENTS

THY SHALL:
1.  NOT HAVE ICE CREAM OR CHOCOLATE
2.  CHEW WELL AND EAT SLOW
3.  REMAIN ON A LIQUID DIET FOR 2 DAYS, FOLLOWED BY PUREED DIET FOR 2 DAYS AFTER EACH ADJUSTMENT
4.  MAINTAIN A LIQUID DIET FOR 1 TO 2 DAYS, IF YOU VOMIT FOR ANY REASON
5.  MAKE AN APPOINTMENT IF YOU CAN EASILY EAT :
o    DOUGHY BREAD,
o    STEAK
o    WHITE MEAT CHICKEN
o    MORE THAN A CUP OF FOOD
6.  ANOTHER APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE STILL HUNGRY
7.  NOT PANIC, BEING HUNGRY IS NOT AN EMERGENCY. MAKE GOOD FOOD CHOICES UNTIL YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT
8.  MAKE AN APPOINTMENT EVERY 4 WEEKS FOR THE FIRST YEAR AND GET YOUR ANNUAL ESOPHAGRAM AND LAB WORK
9.  SEE YOUR DOCTOR ON YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT IF YOU FOLLOWED THE ABOVE COMMANDMENTS AND YOU ARE NOT LOOSING 1-2 LBS / WEEK.
10.           ENJOY SUCCESSFUL WEIGHTLOSS, RESOLVING
COMORBIDITIES, AND A HEALTHIER LIFE, IF YOU
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS

4 comments:

  1. I think a lot of these are good, but I'm gonna disagree on white meat chicken - it's a super delicious healthy protein and as long as it's not overcooked I think you should be able to get it down too. I can also handle steak at optimum restriction... everyone's different, but I lost 110lbs being able to eat solid proteins like those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're switching to NYU, just wait until Gaspar does your first fill! He's seriously like the band whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found a dr./center. Hope it works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erica!

    THANK YOU For posting this!! I needed to read this, at this exact moment in time. I can do well exercising and mostly eating right, but then I'll have off days where I keep sabotaging myself with ice cream, sweets, chocolate etc... Ugh! I swear it's such a nightmare! I've printed this list so I can keep it posted so I can always read it and subconsciously burn it into my head lol. Seriously... THANK YOU! I really needed this! :)

    -Jess
    http://thechangingcaterpillar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete