weight loss ticker

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My First Challenge!!!

I have yet to hit Onederland...cue tears.  It's no one's fault but my own.  I am nervous to do this challenge, but also excited.  I'm hoping this is what it takes to push me over the edge to see 199.  I saw 200.5lbs this week....but 201.9 today.  I'm starting my challenge with 201.9 and can't wait to see the scale move down!

This week was so tough.  I've been having this horrible pain in my lower left stomach.  I was at 3 doctors this week, and no one seems to know what it is or could possibly be.  This is so frustrating.  One doctor sent me for an ultrasound.  Another said, you should go see your primary dr.  And the 3rd sent me home with an prescription for a CT scan.  I've been doubled over in pain and tears.  Hopefully I'll figure it out this week.  What a way to spend my week off....going doctor to doctor!

Technology has not been my friend lately.  I dropped my phone in the water while getting a pedicure.  I say it was karma cuz I was getting a pedicure while working (to clarify...I'm a nanny.  We drop the girls off at school and both nannies have 2 hours to do what we please until pick-up.  But I always feel guilty....and now karma got me!)  So my phone was a complete loss.  Got a "new" refurbished phone through insurance that ALSO didn't work.  SOOOOO frustrating.  I'm now waiting on my NEW, NEW phone.  I complained until they said they would send me a NEW phone vs a crappy refurbished phone.  My computer keeps freezing on me since my virus, I usually can't reply on people's blogs, and when I can it comes up with no picture and says Anonymous.  I'm ready to throw my blackberry, computer, ipad, ipod and anything else that can freeze and cause me frustration out my 28th floor window!

Back to weight loss.  My doctor cancelled on me for my appt on Friday, but was able to get into someone else in the practice.  Unfortunately, due to my very tilted port, she was not able to access it for a fill.  I once again felt like a pin cushion.  She tried about 5 times.  Brought in a Nurse Practitioner and he also couldn't get it.  They are now making me go for ANOTHER x-ray to see if my port has turned/flipped even more.  My regular doctor gets it on the first try every time, but no one else can seem to get it.  And he's out again this week...and then I'm in the Hamptons for work the rest of the summer.  So I'm getting an x-ray on Tuesday and then seeing a different NP and will hopefully get a fill on Friday.

I was down 7 lbs from my visit a month ago.  I know I have been pretty loose and was definitely excited for a fill.  Fingers crossed for Friday!  My food choices have been less than ideal.  I'm eating way too much junk food again.  The working out on my own (froze gym membership for the summer since I'll be in the Hamptons & done with the trainer) has not gone as planned.  I ran 2 days this week, but that's all.  I was feeling guilty about it....but at the same time this pain in my stomach has been so bad.  I don't want to use it as an excuse, and I did run through the pain those 2 days I did run, but at the same time when I'm doubled over in pain and crying every day due to the pain....working out was the last thing I want to do. 

This Challenge has come at the perfect time!  No more excuses, no more junk food (ok, lets be realistic....cut down drastically on the junk food) and just follow the band rules and I'll be doing well.  Good Luck to everyone in the Challenge.  Can't wait to hear the result in Chicago!

Erica

3 comments:

  1. I hope the pain in your stomach goes away soon or they can figure out what it is! It's horrible when you're in so much pain and nobody can tell you why. Good luck with the challenge, we're going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you lady!! Time to get out of the 200s. I have been at 200.5, 200.9, 201.2, 201.9..for weeks now!! It is killing me!!

    I hope you figure out your pain and your port issues. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the challenge and you'll be in Onderland before you know it. Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago! :)

    ReplyDelete