weight loss ticker

Friday, July 15, 2011

Completely empty band....freaking out!!!

So I was able to get back into NYC and see my doctor today. I was officially down 8.3lbs from last week. They had a very hard time accessing my port again. After much pushing & prodding with fingers & needles, they were able to access my port! Hallelujah !!! Once he was able to get it, he decided last minute to take ALL fluid out of my band. Originally they were going to take out 2.5cc to bring me to 5.0cc for my endoscopy. In order for the camera to fit into my stomach, they thought I needed some fluid out. So I was happy with 5.0cc, because I knew I would be able to eat & drink. So when he all of a sudden said "I'm just taking it all out" quite a few things went thru my head:
1)Yippee!!!
2)Crap...I don't have willpower
3)I can eat & drink anything (started dreaming about chugging gallons of water, but also hamburgers WITH bun, salad, etc)
4)I'm going to wake up tomorrow and gain all 73 pounds back

I'm really struggling with the positives & negatives of this unfill. Because of my traveling work schedule, I could potentially be unfilled for at least a solid month if not much more. I know it's been done before and I'm not going to suddenly be 265lbs again....but man it is really messing with my head. The panic I feel of having to diet & exercise on my own. We all say the band is one tool, but I feel like I rely on mine way too much.

For those of you doing the Back to Basic Challenge, I know this week may be unfair with my 8lb weight loss, but by the end of the challenge it will even out considering I have NOTHING in band from now until....who knows when.

Hope...I would be more than happy to tell you what they're telling me with my pain. For some reason I can't findyour blog. Please email me at Erica.Keenaghan@gmail.com or leave me a comment with your blog name so I can respond to you! Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. I am sure you will be just fine! Knowing you have to be careful will help! But I have to say I would have atleast one hamburger with a bun if it were me. A good one too. Not some fast food! Good lord it is 7:30 and I am wanting a hamburger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you're too tight when the first thing on your list is to chug a gallon of water! I hope you get releif and answers to the other issues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow Amandas advice and you will get to see the 73 pounds soon. How about continuing on the great plan you have, without the band, and being a Rock Star...No cheating, no angst, just be the person you are now !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My advice would be to take it slow and easy while you are unfilled. Weigh and measure everything and have small protein snacks in between meals. Keep the high fat and high calorie sliders out of the house. Keep your focus and you'll be fine. Enjoy chugging that water though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't freak out. You know you will not put the 73 pouds back on in a few weeks. Yes, you may put a few back on, but it's natural. It's way better to go slowly (and sometimes a little backwards) than to be too tight!!!

    I am not sure what's going on w/the brunch yet, but I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat a great loss! You'll do great, but I know it's probably scary for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't freak out, hon. You'll be fine and just remember all the things you've learned. You will be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with Cat. Measure, weigh, plan, and you can make it past this and even lose more.

    Drink/chug :) 3 cups of water 30 minutes before you eat. It seriously helps me avoid pigging out when I do this. And I haven't had a fill at all yet, so I promise you, it works!

    ReplyDelete