weight loss ticker

Monday, June 13, 2011

60 Pounds GONE!!!

I can't believe it's been a month since I've been on here.  I guess life has been happening and my blog has taken a hit.  This last month has been difficult and could have really used this blog to help me, but didn't take advantage of this great resource. 

I got a fill back on May 9 to bring me to 7.0cc.  My last appointment on June 3 I didn't get a fill which was pretty exciting!  I felt like I was in a good spot...possibly my sweet spot...and begged him not to give me a fill!!!   I was down 11.7 pounds from the following month's visit! 

I felt REALLY tight my first 2 weeks.  I loosened up a little bit and have been much more comfortable.  I was having a hard time getting enough water each day because I had to take such little sips.  I still can't take too big of a drink, but I'm at a much better place now.  I also haven't been getting stuck as much.  I feel like I'm  learning about and understanding my band better....but on some levels I also feel like I'm not eating correctly because I'm scared to eat.  I didn't want to continue to get stuck, so I started eating slider foods (ice cream, chocolate, etc). And not the healthy proteins that I used to be eating.  I'm still losing weight, but I know I'm not making the best choices.  At the end of some days, I feel like I'm just trying to eat to get calories in me because I eat so little during the day.

I'm down to 204.9 as of this morning!!!!  I am so close to ONEDERLAND I can taste it! I'm hoping to get there by July 1.  That's my first goal I've set!  I've just kind of been taking the weight loss as it comes and not getting to hung up on goals and dates and certain number of pounds lost.  I feel like, for myself, that would put too much pressure on me and maybe hurt me more than help me.  So I've just been trying to be happy with what I've lost...however much time it may take.

My 30 sessions of personal training are O.V.E.R!!!!  I loved him and he definitely helped me, but at the same time I was happy when it was over.  I'm positive I will keep myself motivated and continue the gym routine.  I will be in the Hamptons for 2 months without a gym.  So I will have to really motivate myself to get out and run on either the road or the beach and maybe start swimming to switch things up a little bit.  I'm a nanny remember, so don't think its a lovely vacation that I'm going on!  The kids will all be in camp, so that will give me time to work out...and maybe a tan!

I want to thank Lee Ann for nominating me for my FIRST award!  I'm sorry I was away for a while, but thank you for making me feel missed and wanting to hear about my progress!  For some reason I'm not able to make comments right now. ( Don't know what's going on with my computer.)  But wanted to say to say Thanks and I'm going to put it on my blog and do the rules tomorrow night!!

My favorite comment on my weight loss so far was from my 6 year old niece, McKenzie.  I had seen them back in February when they came to visit me in NYC.  I went home to Fargo, ND over Memorial Day weekend for a friend's graduation.  She saw me and kept looking at me kind of funny.  After about 3 minutes she says, "YOU GOT SKINNIER!!!!"  I was sooooooooo thrilled!  I feel like it's one thing for adults to say something nice to you.  Especially if they know you had surgery, sometimes I feel like people say things but don't sincerely mean it.  But when a kid says something, you know its true!  Kids have a funny way of just speaking their minds whether it's nice or not...but they usually call it like they see it!  So I was so happy when she noticed and commented!

I'm going to spend the evening catching up on everyone's blogs.  Can't wait!!!!!  Hope you are all doing well!

Erica

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 60 lbs is amazing! Keep it up. I am sure you look great and feel even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back on here! Wow, 60 pounds, amazing Erica. So happy for you. And I totally agree about how a comment from a six year old means more than anything. They don't lie---like when my six year old neice told me I needed to make my wii character "big, because you're big." Ha! I can't wait to see her after I've lost a lot of weight to hear what she has to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things are going okay for you, and that you get some enjoyment out of "vacation"! My step-son, after not seeing me for several months, told me I shrunk! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 60lbs! Wonderful! I am hoping for a fill today and maybe a green zone for me. I've never been there really. I'll have about 7ccs after today me thinks!
    Keep up the good fight my friend. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 60 lbs is fantastic! You are kicking major ass! Here's hoping that you'll get some time to yourself in the Hamptons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 60 lbs gone. What a wonderful feeling that is!!! You'll be in Onderland before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower and wanted to say congrats!!! You are doing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete