weight loss ticker

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

I can't wait for Easter to be over so all of the jelly beans and Cadbury eggs are out of all the stores!  I'm at a new low of 218.1 lbs, which I'm very excited about...but can't help think of how much less it would be without all the Easter candy!  Oh well, this is life!

Not too much to report.  I had a fill last Monday and I'm now at 6.5cc in my band.  I have pretty good restriction and pretty happy with my weight loss.  Sometimes I still feel like I'm dieting vs. my band doing the work, but I know without the band I would not be at 218! 

I have a question for all of you who have been banded longer....or just know this answer.  I have been wondering what happens if I were to get sick...stomach flu sick or boot camp throwing-up sick!?!?!  I know about the PBing and that's all fine.  But what about if I were to get sick....if it's hard for food to get down, I can't imagine anything coming up can be easy either?  A few times during my hard/boot camp workouts I feel like I'm going to pass out and throw-up.  And then I get nervous.  If anyone has that answer, I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

I'm still in the gym!  I think I'm hooked!  I go Monday - Friday and give myself the weekend off.  I do 2 days a week with my trainer, 1 day of spin, and the other 2 days on the treadmill.  My eating still needs to improve.  I'm having a hard time with my food.  I need to make an appointment with my doctor's nutritionist for a refresher course!  I have a lot of questions now that I FINALLY have restriction. 

Not much else to report.  Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend!

Erica

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing GREAT with the working out! Keep that up!

    As for the getting sick thing. I have never had to experience this....yet. But my surgeon did cover this in the seminar way back when. He said that it should not affect the band any, as far as slipping or anything. He said it would have to take days of violent vomiting constantly to really affect the band placement. He didn't mention how it would feel, and I can't imagine that it would be a pleasant experience, but I would imaging that if you are really sick, or even at a really hard workout, your mostly going to be throwing up liquids, and that shouldn't be too bad. Just my opinion though.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had the tummy flu while banded. Thank goodness. But I do have some anti nausea meds if I do. That won't help you after bootcamp but maybe ask your doc for some.

    ReplyDelete