I finally took the band aid off and found 8 needle holes in my stomach! On the table, I lost count as I was trying to remain conscious and trying to remember to breathe. I'm not having much luck finding out about flipped ports. Must not happen too often. I feel that surgery might be best....if it flipped once and they can move it back in the office, who says it's not going to continue to flip? So I feel if they go back in surgically, they would be able to stitch it in there better?
I'm such a wreck. My eating has been HORRIBLE this weekend. I was all mentally prepared to be on liquids and was totally fine with knowing I was going to be getting a fill and FINALLY moving on with this process with my band. And then boom....no fill, everything taken out...and another big setback. GGGGRRRRR.....I just want to scream....and eat.


I hope that your Xray next week will put some light on your port issue. I'm sorry you have to go through this.
ReplyDeleteNot sure how to make you feel better, but try thinking of it this way....even if you have to have the surgery, wait a week and a half before having a fill, at least with this new doctor you know your going to move at a faster pace, and not 1/2 cc at a time. Not sure that will do much to comfort you, but thats all I got. It will all work out in the end, and you'll be better for it, even if it takes slightly longer to get there. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you have to go through this. XO
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing :( you just have to believe things can only get better
ReplyDeleteFlipped ports are not that uncommon. Have you gone to the lapband board on obesityhelp.com? Post your experience and there will be people who have had same experience.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about the flipped port.
They can most likely repair it under local anesthesia. I just had my port replaced 3 weeks ago under local anesthesia. (I had a leak)