weight loss ticker

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bruising

Here is a picture of my stomach after my first fill.  This actually looks better than it did 3 days ago.  It was all black/purple, but seems to be getting better!

Christmas dinner went down well!  My 5 year old niece told me to "watch out for the chicken" because she didn't want me to throw up like at the airport.  Clearly she overheard me telling her mom what happened!!! 

Some people wrote back to me and said they have slight bruising.  Would this be considered slight bruising and I should expect this after fills?  Or is this not normal?

I'm down 21.5 pounds as of 12/24/10!!! 

6 comments:

  1. That is a CRAZY amount of bruising from a fill. WOW. Don't worry it will heal though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been banded so I can't help with your questions but I want to say congrats on 21.5 pounds! Holla! But I have a question to you and/or anyone who sees this comment. So the port can be on the LEFT or the RIGHT? For some reason I had pictured it always being on the left, I don't know why, but just seeing this makes me realize I didn't research this as well as I thought I did and now I'm wondering. Also, how easy is it to feel your port?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I bruise super easily and have never bruised from a fill (even when my surgeon does it, and she presses pretty hard to find it). I do have a little soreness afterward, but no bruising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like MY brusing (from my plastics), I've never had anything close to that from a fill. Having said that, they were defiitely harder to do when I was bigger cause my port was harder to find, as you get smaller it's a lot easier. Way to tough that out bruise-sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a really bad bruise. I hope you don't get that every time and it was just a one off!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch that looks painful! I didn't have an issue (luckily). But the results from that are totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete