I've been in the gym now for two months. I've been doing cardio and recently added weight lifting. I've been thinking about getting a personal trainer....but down the road. Didn't feel ready yet. Well, on Thursday, that changed. I was doing my workout, minding my own business, was on the LAST set of my LAST machine before I showered. I felt a tap on my back....and a very cute personal trainer started with his pitch! He convinced me to do a trial workout. I freaked out for the next 48 hours, but I am alive to tell you about it!
I just got done working out...and have never been INSTANTLY sore. I mean, really?!?!?! We did circuit training and he kicked my ass. I was dripping with sweat. It was a good feeling in some ways, but scared me to death in other ways. I have always had very low self-confidence, low self-esteem, etc. I don't like looking like a fool anytime, but especially at the gym. He had me doing jump-jacks....i had to go somewhere else in my mind. All I could think about was all my fat jumping up and down too. So I just went somewhere else mentally!
In the end, he convinced me he could really help me. He wanted to do a 6 month program (yikes), but I said I will be in the Hamptons the months of July & August. So he said we could do a 4 month program, but a really accelerated program since we only have 4 months (double yikes). I'm so nervous for the next 4 months of my life. So $2600 later...I have myself a Personal Trainer named Danny!
I know it will be good and help me in the long run. I know it will get easier and easier. I know it will help me get to my ultimate goal. But man am I sore! I was prepared for being sore tomorrow....but it was instant!
Ok, enough crying about that.
On the weight loss front...the scale didn't really budge this week. I know my eating wasn't great...so it's my own fault for not hitting the 220's like I had hoped for.
NSV....I had bought a black puffy vest earlier this fall. I loved it, but didn't really fit. Ok, it didn't fit period. Didn't zip at all, but figured I could just wear it open and not zip it. I ended up never wear it in the fall. Had the tags still on it when I went to put it on this week. AND IT ZIPPED ALL THE WAY UP AND STILL HAD ROOM!!! I was so happy!
I can't wait for more NSV's. I was much happier about the NSV than when the scale moves. Don't get me wrong, like when that happens too, but this felt great!
Ok, I have to get on with my Saturday. Hope everyone had a great week!

How exciting! I had two trial PT sessions and like you, was so, so, so sore! ;) I wish you success!! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd way to go on your NSV! You should post pics!
That's ngreat about the trainer. I'm getting ready to set up some sessions, but haven't decided which trainer I want yet.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome...I would love to work with a trainer but can't spend the $$ just yet!
ReplyDeleteYour work outs and training are great...it definitely sounds like youare making great life changes.
ReplyDeleteSO EXCITING! It's quite an expense but WOW...these 4 months will be awesome! I can't wait to see your progress!
ReplyDelete