I feel like I'm being Punk'd right now. I called my doctor yesterday saying that I feel the color and texture of the drainage could be an infection. They told me to come in. My surgeon said he was going to remove the drainage tube....and my stitches. I was a big baby about seeing a drainage tube sticking out me. Well, that was NOTHING compared to what it is now.
To remind you, I had my port removed on Thursday. So by no means is my body healed. The doctor said he was going to take the stitches out and "just let it be open." And by open, he means that he basically sliced a 3 to 4inch long, by 1 inch wide gash...COMPLETELY OPEN. I told my boyfriend last night it looks like Grey's Anatomy scene...just not on tv, on my stomach. I have to "pack gauze tightly into the open wound" twice a day for the next week until I go see him again.
I don't do blood and guts well. I mean this is so disgusting and I can't imagine very safe. I have to change the dressing lying down on my bed, with my eyes partially open so that I don't faint and die. I would post a picture....but don't want to gross anyone out.
Speaking of pictures, I took some photos yesterday that I will post later today....after my sponge bath and the changing of my "dressing"!!! No showering or baths with a drainage tube...and now with a large open gash in me. So not only do I feel crappy about the open hole in my stomach and sitting at home unemployed, but I can't even take a nice long shower to feel human.
If at any time someone wants to yell "you've just been Punk'd" and then immediately take me to the ER to have me stitched back up, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Oooohhhh Erica ....I'm sooo sorry! No Fair! Take good care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteXO
My god, this cannot be right. I don't know if you are in Canada or the US, but either way, get a second opinion. This guy sounds like a jackass and a quack...for the love of god! At the very least they could offer you some assistance with changing the dressing...be good to yourself, and please see if you can see another doctor or something...sending you hugs!
ReplyDeleteTake care of your self, that doesn't sound very nice or safe.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds HORRID! If I were there I'd pinch you just to be sure you were awake. I'd have to raise holy hell with someone if they sent me home with an open wound. EEK!
ReplyDelete